August 7, 2009

Siena :)

I LOVE SIENA!!!! It is one of my favorite places in Italy. I went twice--During the day with Andrea and at night with Carmen, Sarah, and the guys we met at Poderuccio. Andrea came to visit me in Poderuccio for 3 days so we made the quick trip to Siena since it's so close!! It is such a unique, beautiful, old town surrounded by walls everywere you go....as Enzo would say....it's like being in a giant Torta!!! BAHAHAHHAPiazza Del Campo
The Tower we went up.
So I was DYING becasue Siena is ALL HILLS and I was really wishin I wore my tennis shoes...apparently for Andrea it was no sweat! Oh....and it was a bajillion degrees outside.I've been in sooo many Duomos/churched since I have been in Italy and this one, by far, has the best interior I've seen! It's full of artwork--the striped columns are beautiful and the floor was marble with drawings carved into it! So pretty!
The town from the Tower!

Siena by night. . .
One of the many highlights of Italy.

Piazza Del Campo! So fun at night--lots of people, music, food, shops--it's my favorite piazza in Italy

3 comments:

  1. I love you so much Sarah!!! WHo is that, that you're with?????? He's handsome wink wink ha ha!!!I MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, I love the videos of you singing to Becca, hilarious! Nice to know there's other crazy people out there besides me! lol. My crazy side only comes out around my family though, lol. Love all the Italy pics! Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIRL!!!!!! you are sooo good looking! did you just get your hair done cuz it looks amazing! I love love love the color! And I love your video! were gonna make sooo sooo many on our roadtrip!!! haha I can't even wait!!!

    ReplyDelete